|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Connection Problems Problems getting the LimeWire program connecting to the Gnutella network.
(not about connecting to files, that is a Download/Upload Problems section issue.) Please supply system details as described in the forum rules.
Start here Suggestions to help you get connected, * try here first *, then see below (click on 'this' blue link)
Did you FORGET something BEFORE you posted? If you post in this section you MUST provide these details: System details - help us to help you (click on 'this' blue link), else do not be surprised if your posting is ignored :)
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
!!Solution!! to LW Problems!!
If you are not able to connect to LW then try the following:
Uninstall LimeWire. Then Uninstall Java.
Download the latest versions of both the softwares i.e. 4.9.30 and 1.5!!
Manually delete the .Limewire preferrence folder!
Install Java 1.5 first and RESTART!
Install LimeWire 4.9.30/Pro and again Restart!!
Disable any other Firewall software tht u have and keep only Windows XP SP2 Firewall ON!!
LimeWire will start working with highest possible speed i.e. excellent / Turbo-Charged for Pro!!!
This worked for me since Norton Internet Security's Firewall was blocking LW even when I had given 'Permit ALL' to it!!
Dont forget to RESTART!!
I tried disabling Windows XP SP2 firewall and enabling Norton Personal Firewall and LimeWire was still working properly!! So cant understand what the earlier problem was but everything is fine by just reinstalling / reseting the softwares and settings!!
Could be the Java only!! But I had the same version before and after so like I said couldnt get to the core of the problem!!
Anyway its working just fine with Norton and I got to say the new version 4.9.30 is just quicker and reliable than the earlier one's!!
Followed your instructions to a 'T' but still won't connect. I've been using LW for ages but since I upgraded to 4.3.29 it won't connect. I've got a laptop that I can connect with that I still haven't upgraded. Any other suggestions?
See u need to only follow my instructions if ur using Windows XP SP2 and Norton Internet Security 2005 !!
LimeWire 4.9.30 is really working fine for me even with NIS 2005 and I got to say its much faster and reliable than any versions before!!
Reset all ur NIS 05 setting and LW preferrences and Java!!
If its a firewall problem then its gotta work my way!!
We are going to need a little more info here it will help us to figure out what your problem is.
Can you give us a total description of your set up:
1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98)
2. What firewalls you have?
3. How much ram?
4. Hard Disk space available?
5. Connection type? (eg: dial up, broadband, cable, etc.)
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers?
7. Where are you trying to connect from (home, school, work, etc.)?
8. What version of Limewire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version.
9. Who is your isp provider?
10. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up.
11. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there?
These details are vital if you want us to find out what your connection problem is.
* Did you configure your firewall so it allows LW full access (advisable not to have 2 active firewalls b/c they can interfere with each other. http://www.limewire.com/english/content/firewalls.shtml
12. Do This test, Is the result True/False?
http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showth...757#post103757 Is the result True/False?
Unfortunately there can be allot of different things that can be causing the problem other than what fixed your problem. The fix you posted has been known for a long time and is one of the fixes that works for bad install which is a problem that occasionally occurs. But there are allot of other causes routers, port settings, port forwarding, etc. IE that is not the only fix for a connection problem.
Thts wht I said Grandpa, I meant if u are using same system and configuration as I do then only it may work my way!!
My problem was unusual though!! LimeWire wasnt working even when I had all the right setting on NIS 05 plus had the latest versions of LW and Java!! Reinstalling the same thing again and it starts working is unusual!!
Plus Warreng has posted some "4.3.29" version of LW so cant understand which ver his talking about!!
Guys must give their whole configuration while posting problems!!
Help out guys!! Firewall detected again!
LimeWire says a Firewall has been detected!! I have configured Norton Personal Firewall 05 to 'Permit ALL' to LW but no use, the new version 4.9.30 Pro is just showing Firewall detected and then a message opens to tell tht 'the machine doesn't have a internet connection or is blocked by a firewall'
This time my earlier solution to the firewall detected problem is not working!!
PLS HELP Again!!
My PC Details:
1) Intel P4 1.8GHz
2) RAM : 512MB
3) HD Free Space: 14GB
4) Connection: Cable 128 Kbps (Not Shared)
5) Place : Home
6) OS: Windows XP SP2 (Windows Firewall disabled)
7) Firewall: Norton Internet Security 2005
8) LimeWire and Java Versions: 4.9.30 Pro and 1.5
9) No other P2P sharing program
10)I did the simple test http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ and got 'Your Test Worked' as result
11)I did the other test too for the Bug report got a 'False' answer!
Check out the threads below they might help
For connectivity issue, try this:
"detected a firewall" when I don't have one
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|The Solution To All Install Problems||nDiScReEt||General Linux Support||84||October 27th, 2008 04:06 AM|
|Possible Solution for Connection Problems||NefWolf||Connection Problems||0||January 31st, 2007 03:27 PM|
|Upload Problems: Let's Get Solution!||Unregistered||General Mac Support||0||November 5th, 2002 10:55 AM|
|The solution for connection problems!!!||Unregistered||Connection Problems||4||October 19th, 2002 10:47 AM|
|A solution to connection problems.||Unregistered||Connection Problems||0||September 16th, 2002 09:30 AM|