|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|FrostWire General forum section for FrostWire users; Download "FrostWire Clean version 4" . FrostWire v.5 which only uses bittorrents and no longer uses Gnutella Network is not supported on these forums.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features after your registration and email confirmation. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Spamming is illegal in many countries of the world. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Dual accounts are not allowed. Cannot explain this more simply. Attempts to set up dual accounts will most likely result in a banning of all forum accounts.
14. Video links may only be posted after you have a tally of two forum posts. Video link posting with less than a 2 post tally are considered as spam. Video link posting with less than a 2 post tally are considered as spam.
15. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Connection problems? Check here first!
If you're having connection problems, it's probably related to a firewall problem. Firewall instructions are the same as those for LimeWire 4.
See sections about 1. Software firewalls, 2. Modem/Router NAT firewalls & enabling UPnP to overcome it, 3. Forwarding a port if your device doesn't support UPnP; Connection problems? Check here first! (click on link). Again, all connection advice is identical to LimeWire 4 connection fixes except of course you replace with the FrostWire term instead.
(If you are using Vista, Windows 7 or 8, set both Frostwire & Java to Run as Administrator. This should assist with some issues. Vista users can try the same. ie: right-click the FW icon shortcut on desktop & choose Run as Admin. To set Java this way, two ways, one is to find the Java.exe file, the other is to set the Java offline installer to run as admin.)
You can try a Connection fix specifically for FrostWire
Windows: FrostWire Connection Fix for Windows / Mediafire Mirror or 4Shared Mirror Download site. All include Francais and several other translations. (Help improve the translations, send a message to me)
Mac OSX: FrostWire OSX ConnectFix / Mediafire Mirror or 4Shared Mirror. All include Francais and several other translations. (Help improve the translations, send a message to me)
Linux: Linux_Combo_LimeWire-FrostWire_ConnectFix or via Ezfile or via 4Shared Mirror. Uncompress, open the folder, follow instructions. Open the script with Terminal after setting the file's permissions to execute. Follow the terminal's prompts. A very basic script.
. . . (Ezfile download site Sample image download instructions using gnutella.net as an example.)
Instructions: Unzip the file after downloading, make sure FW is closed and not sitting in the tray before opening the ConnectionFix program. If the fix does not work after opening FW for 15+ minutes. Close FW and wait 2-3 minutes, then use the fix program again. Be patient to allow FW to connect.
If the connection fix program does not help then check the link at top of the post, and if those suggestions do not solve the issue then see below.
If you have problems you can't solve then please post a thread giving the following details:
1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98)
2. What firewalls you have?
3. How much ram?
4. Hard Disk space available?
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.)
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers?
7. Where are you trying to connect from (home, school, work, etc.)?
8. What version of FrostWire (FW) & Java do you have? (Go to FW's menu Help>About FW...) Will show both FW & Java version.
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)?
10. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up.
11. Is this a your 1st try at FW or is this a new problem with an experienced user.
12. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of FW's interface?
Last edited by Lord of the Rings; December 20th, 2013 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Added Linux connection installer
Some Connection-fix installers have been added to the above post. Feel free to try them if you are having connection problems. If the connection fix installers do not help then first see the link at very top of the above post. If none of the LW 4 connection suggestions help then create a new thread in this forum section with your system details suggested at the bottom of the above post.
Main difference between LW 4 & FW is, FW puts the downloads.dat file into the FW preferences folder similar to LW 4.18 & LW 5, whereas LW 4.16 & earlier placed the downloads.dat file into the downloads incomplete folder. The Downloads.dat file is the file which records the details of your incomplete downloads. This information about the downloads.dat file is only relevant if you should choose to delete your FW preferences folder and using FW 4.17 - 4.21.
A big thank you to vosgpat our French forum section moderator for the translation.
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/frostwire/61028-connection-problems-check-here-first.html
|frostwire 4.21.8 stuck on starting connection||This thread||Refback||February 27th, 2017 03:26 PM|
|frostwire 4.21.8 stuck on starting connection||This thread||Refback||October 28th, 2016 09:55 PM|
|Why does my connection go from - FrostWire Community Forums||This thread||Refback||September 27th, 2015 04:31 PM|
|Replacement of gnutella.net file for Frostwire 4 - Page 6 - FrostWire Community Forums||This thread||Refback||July 4th, 2015 11:01 PM|
|gnutella fix||This thread||Refback||October 12th, 2014 11:10 PM|
|FrostWire Community Forums â€¢ View topic - Replacement of gnutella.net file for Frostwire 4||This thread||Refback||August 3rd, 2014 11:24 PM|
|Info about file FrostWire OSX ConnectFix 10 January 2014.zip - General Files||This thread||Refback||April 26th, 2014 05:10 PM|
|Info about file FrostWire OSX ConnectFix 10 January 2014.zip - General Files||This thread||Refback||March 17th, 2014 04:38 PM|
|Connection problems? Check here first!||This thread||Refback||January 21st, 2014 06:06 PM|
|Info about file FrostWire OSX ConnectFix 9 September 2013.zip - General Files||This thread||Refback||January 5th, 2014 11:50 AM|
|Untitled document||This thread||Refback||November 17th, 2013 11:27 PM|
|Info about file FrostWire OSX ConnectFix 9 September 2013.zip - General Files||This thread||Refback||November 6th, 2013 07:55 PM|
|Info about file FrostWire OSX ConnectFix 5 August 2013.zip - General Files||This thread||Refback||September 12th, 2013 07:58 AM|
|Info about file FrostWire OSX ConnectFix 7 June 2013.zip - General Files||This thread||Refback||August 11th, 2013 01:53 PM|
|Info about file FrostWire OSX ConnectFix 7 May 2013.zip - General Files||This thread||Refback||July 13th, 2013 07:33 AM|
|Informacin sobre el archivo FrostWire OSX ConnectFix 2013.zip 8 de marzo - Archivo General||This thread||Refback||March 15th, 2013 09:16 PM|
|Disqus Comments||This thread||Refback||August 7th, 2012 03:01 PM|
|Info about file FrostWire OSX ConnectFix 4-2012.zip - General Files||This thread||Refback||July 5th, 2012 10:54 PM|
|Thread Connection problems? Check here first! | Gnutella Forums | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||June 15th, 2012 08:07 PM|
|Site Gnutella Forums | www.gnutellaforums.com | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||November 19th, 2011 06:43 AM|
|FrostWire on Gnutella Forums | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||November 18th, 2011 01:46 AM|
|FrostWire Community Forums • View topic - Bad connection.||This thread||Refback||June 2nd, 2011 09:15 PM|
|FrostWire Community Forums • View topic - Frostwire goes no further than "starting connection&quo||This thread||Refback||June 2nd, 2011 11:26 AM|
|FrostWire Community Forums • View topic - ERROR MESSAGE-UNABLE TO CONNECT!!||This thread||Refback||May 30th, 2011 10:41 AM|
|FrostWire Community Forums • View topic - Why does my connection go from||This thread||Refback||May 21st, 2011 10:28 AM|
|FrostWire Community Forums • View topic - starting connection||This thread||Refback||April 20th, 2011 03:02 PM|
|Untitled document||This thread||Refback||October 17th, 2010 03:51 PM|
|Untitled document||This thread||Refback||September 14th, 2010 10:10 PM|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|connection problems, disconnects my entire internet connection||beels||Connection Problems||3||July 13th, 2007 05:56 PM|
|Connection problems? Check here first!||Lord of the Rings||Connection Problems||1||September 12th, 2006 03:16 PM|
|Mac or PC check box||LocusLarsen||New Feature Requests||0||June 13th, 2004 02:41 AM|
|hardwired to router - No problems... Wireless connection - Big problems - Why ?||Mr Magoo||Mac OSX||0||April 9th, 2004 05:11 PM|
|Check What Box???????????????????????????||Unregistered||Download/Upload Problems||1||July 15th, 2002 08:38 PM|