|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|General Windows Support For questions about Windows issues regarding LimeWire or related questions|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Newbie's Guide To Writing A Good Thread
Newbie's Guide - How To Write A Good Thread
I’ve been here at the Gnutella Forums for some time now and I am constantly amazed at how many poorly written threads are posted every day. So many people write vague ramblings that just raise five more questions form people just tryig figure out what the person is talking about. I this thread I will tell you several things that you should, and should not do when posting. First of all I should say that chances are that your question has already been answered 20 times before, so please, always use the search function.
It’s All In The Title
One of the most important parts of the thread is it title. Your title needs to be as descriptive as you can make it. Here is an example of a bad title: “need help now plz!!!!” and “I fscked up my computer because I’m a retarded monkey wut should I do”. The best way to get your thread ignored is to give it a stupid title.
What Not To Do
Never come here and ask a question without trying to figure it out on your own. Google is a great place to start trying to solve your problem. The LimeWire website also has a lot of answers.
Never bump your thread every 10 minutes just because someone hasn’t replied yet. We (most of us) don’t work for LimeWire and recieve nothing in exchange for our services, except for that great feeling of helping other people with their problems, of course!
Never use the word “gay” to describe everything. Example:
Title: limewire wont connect
Post: My gay *** limewire wont connect to the gay *** network. Whats goin on. Why is it bein so homosexual. Wut shud I do.
Never insult those who are only trying to help. Flaming others will probably get your thread locked or deleted, you may even be banned from the forums.
Never post in the wrong forum. This should be relatively simple; if you have a connection problem, post in the connection problems forum, if you have an installation problem, post in the Installation Problems forum. The moderators aren’t here to clean up after you, but since they are mostly nice guys they’ll move your post to the correct forum (most of the time). And, believe it or not, but making multiple identical posts in the same forum won’t get you more/faster answers.
Never post questions that have absolutely nothing to do with LimeWire or the Gnutella Network. Example “Hey everyone do you know when the next Brittney Spears record is comeing out? She’s so cute. I like to jump up and down and scream like a little 10 year old girl when I hear her.”
So that’s what not to do. Don’t do it and you won’t have any problems.
What You Should Do
Read the forum rules before posting. Always be as descriptive as you possibly can. Be sure to tell what operating system you are using, what version of LimeWire you have, and in some cases the maker/manufacturer of your computer. Include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in the post. Lastly, try your best to use proper grammer, it makes a thread ten times easier to read and understand. If English is not your best language there are multi-lingual users and forums here.
So, that is how to write a good thread. I hope you found it helpful, and I hope that your experience here at the Gnutella Forums, and with LimeWire are very positive. Good luck, and thanks for reading.
"THEY WHO WOULD GIVE UP AN ESSENTIAL LIBERTY FOR TEMPORARY SECURITY, DESERVE NEITHER LIBERTY OR SECURITY."
Last edited by Lord of the Rings; July 2nd, 2008 at 03:30 AM.
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/general-windows-support/29977-newbies-guide-writing-good-thread.html
|Team Avolition • View topic - Noobs Guide to Writing a Good Thread||This thread||Refback||September 20th, 2011 06:06 PM|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Writing to DVD||Poseur2||Open Discussion topics||0||October 7th, 2005 07:16 AM|
|Newbie's Guide To Writing A Good Thread||deepblue||Download/Upload Problems||0||November 13th, 2004 07:49 PM|
|Newbie's Guide To Writing A Good Thread||deepblue||Windows||0||November 13th, 2004 07:49 PM|
|Newbie's Guide To Writing A Good Thread||deepblue||Mac OSX||0||November 13th, 2004 07:49 PM|