|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Gnucleus (Windows) For assistance for users with the Gnucleus program. Important links: Updated Gnucleus 188.8.131.52 Installer! and also Updated Connection Caches for Gnucleus!|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features after your registration and email confirmation. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Spamming is illegal in many countries of the world. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Yeah I'm having this problem of connecting and never connecting ...
I've tried a number of versions
None of them seam to be working...
Also I let my firewall let gnucleus through
and I have a static IP so I don't think I have any port fowarding issues...
Gnuc no connect
I can assure you this is an operating system config issue.
As I have 7 machines on my home network and dozens at work. I will only refer to my home experience in that 5 of my PCs run Win2k and have no problem connecting to the Gnutella clients and the 2 I have running XPSP2, 1 with Home Edition and 1 with Media Center Edition, will not connect. All of which are on a broadband router with a NAT. Putting the XP machines through the DMZ and XP firewall turned off didn't help.
The research I have done so far indicates the issue is focused around the tcpip driver and the number of connections allowed. appearently tcpip in SP2 is limits internet connections (ports or port range).
Trusty Files is a P2P that has a fix for their program but doesn't work for Gnuc.
I 'll figure this out soon and post again
Hope I gave a little help to point every one in the right direction.
cant connect but used to
I had it working w/XP pro service pack 2. I bought a new router (wireless) to accommodate my new laptop and havent been able to connect since. It crashed (not sure why) after connecting the new router so I reinstalled it with no luck. I am even putting my pc in the DMZ.
I had the same problem as eveyone else here. I did a little research on port forwarding and found the site PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall
It will help you configure your router to allow the Gnutella network
This is the page I went to once I clicked on Gnutella.
PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall
It has a listing of different router names. Just find yours and go through the directions. Hope this fixes yours like it did mine.
Odd, I have a lynksys router and never did the port forward setup. I just looked and my "behind a firewall" selection in preferences isn't checked either (Gnucleus 184.108.40.206)
Last edited by BlacqueJacque; October 14th, 2007 at 03:07 PM. Reason: clarity
Same trouble here... connecting forever and then nothing. I did the port forwarding setup on my netopia router but it didn't help. It even had a built in setting to allow gnutella to run (a long with a list of a 100 other games) but turning that on didn't help. What can I do this blows? I have what I believe the to be the latest version of gnucleus 220.127.116.11...
Also any recommendations on other spyware free clients (besides limewire/alphalime - I don't dig the java stuff...)
I have been using gnucleus for years, but my computer died and I had to replace it with a new one. My old computer had XP, this one has Windows 7.
I had no problem connecting with gnucleus on my old computer, but the new one wont connect. I dont know, but is there an issue with windows 7? I would appreciate any help you can provide on getting me connected.
For most older programs if running on Windows 7, should right-click the program & choose Run as Administrator. You achieve that with the Gnucleus shortcut. Usually do it with the installer before installing, that has same effect.
See Updated Connection Caches for Gnucleus! then see below.
1. Make sure you added Gnucleus as a firewall exception.
2. Not sure if necessary, but go to Gnucleus Preferences -> Firewall, check the option Force ip/I am behind a firewall.
3. Make sure you are sharing some files. Configure your shares.
4. Be patient. I installed on Windows 7 & 2000, took 10 minutes to connect on both. I tested with Gnucleus 18.104.22.168, but the later versions should work even better. On Windows XP, Gnucleus 22.214.171.124 connects fine to both networks.
5. If still no good. Do you still have access to the older computer's hard disk drive? Get a copy of the GnuCache.net file & shift it to the newer computer, replace the one in the Gnucleus program folder on Windows 7.
(Gnucleus 126.96.36.199 on Windows XP snapshot)
On Windows 7 I found one of the ultrapeer connections was unstable for some time. The longer connected, the more stable it became.
I highly doubt Gnucleus has UPnP support. Which is why the 'behind firewall' concept 'might' be necessary. Unless you port forward your router device specifically for Gnucleus. If you do port forward, make sure you use a port no other program is using. Gnucleus' default port use is port 6346.
(Gnucleus 188.8.131.52 on Windows 7 snapshot)
On another point, on the new installation of Gnucleus, you will need to add new Filter words for searching to help rid of spam results. May I recommend viewing & choosing words from the following list: Keyword Filter words. This list is applicable for any gnutella program.
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/gnucleus-windows/20142-gnucleus-wont-connect.html
|Thread Gnucleus won't connect - Page 2 - Gnutella Forums | Gnutella Forums | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||September 29th, 2011 08:17 PM|
|Gnucleus 1860 Download of the Day - Online Best Latest Gnucleus 1860 Download of the Day Price Reviews | Features in India||This thread||Refback||September 9th, 2010 11:37 AM|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Gnucleus wont connect||Unregistered||Gnucleus (Windows)||35||August 8th, 2010 08:18 PM|
|can't connect to phex (and gnucleus)||puccio76||General Discussion||1||November 26th, 2004 03:45 AM|
|Gnucleus 1.8.4 can't connect to Limewire||Tim Harvey||Connection Problems||0||February 20th, 2003 03:32 PM|
|Please help gnucleus won't connect||sipher||Gnucleus (Windows)||7||May 7th, 2002 03:25 PM|
|i just got gnucleus and i need help||Unregistered||Gnucleus (Windows)||2||May 26th, 2001 01:58 AM|