|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Help & Support Information on the useage and anything else of Phex
- Unless you are using or asking about PHEX, please do not post in this section
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Phex Connection installers
In my experience, Phex is one of the easiest connecting Gnutella network program clients.
However, some people may have problems connecting to the network during first installation of Phex or if they have not used Phex in a very long time.
For this reason, I have supplied connection fix installers for both MacOSX, Linux and Windows users.
The links for both Mac and Windows and Linux to the fresh connection fix installers is https://hotfile.com/list/2089576/f98a62d or via filecloud
And the connection file itself can be downloaded for users if they would prefer to manually place the file. If you are a Linux user, there is a configuration change you should make, but the Linux installer would do everything for you. Simply run the script inside the folder.
The installers have a settings file included but it will only be installed if one does not already exist.
(linux note: the i/0 error suppression uses bash v4 syntax which was released in 2009)
The longer you keep Phex open, the better search results will be and chances of faster re-connecting for future sessions.
For anybody who is interested, if you wish to reduce spam results and hostile hosts then see The TechNutopia Fullsize Hostiles List for BearShare and LimeWire which applies to all gnutella clients.
Last edited by Lord of the Rings; 1 Week Ago at 02:13 PM. Reason: June connect installer will result in quick connections. Linux installer improved.
Francais language text support added to installers
Recently I added Francais auto-detection to both the Windows and MacOSX connection fix installers. It would be helpful to me if you could let me know if they do in fact show in Francais. The OSX version will be fine regardless of which Francais locale. But the Windows version I am not sure about, so any confirmation the Windows installer displays the Francais instruction text in the installer on a Francais Windows system would be appreciated.
Edit: added some other languages to both the Windows and OSX connectfix installers. Let me know if any problems with the translations.
Knowing your OSX version and computer type might have helped a little. The sample image shows an external device. I wonder if that is related.
Edit: I have become aware that OSX 10.8 is highly permission based. You will need to change your system settings to allow 3rd party programs to run. Sample image
Try running the connection program from a different location such as your Documents folder or your Desktop.
Are you logged in with Administrator abilities? If you are running the installer over a LAN network, it possibly might not be able to locate your user settings.
The script program should run on any MacOSX version. The only thing which might not work is the launch Phex at the end if either Phex is not installed (or possibly never been opened) or you are using I think its OSX 10.2 or earlier it might not work (should work on any OSX except for the launch Phex function.)
If the script program is not opening at all, then sounds like either a location permission error or a logged-in permissions error. Though I would not have thought admin permissions should be required to use this script program in general. Only other reason I can think of is some kind of security software blocking it. No reason it should not be able to be opened on any OSX version unless it is permissions related.
If all fails you can download the phex connection file itself and put it into its appropriate location which for MacOSX is:
Users/ your username /Library/Application Support/Phex
For OSX 10.8 you will either need to use terminal or set the settings to show hidden files and folders to be able to find your Library support files.
If you do install the connection file manually, then you can actually get both the connection file and the phex properties file from within the Phex Connection program package. ie: right-click / control-click the script program and choose Show Package Contents. Then open the Resources folder and move/copy both the phex.hosts and phexCorePrefs.properties files and place into the Phex prefs folder within the App support section. Replace any that might already exist in the Phex prefs folder.