|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Host Connections Discussions related to host connections for BearShare users. Problems connecting? See A technique for connecting with BearShare|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
I'm guessing we tested it about the same time. lol But I had not tested the last phase of her BS launcher before she put it into the installer with the BS program. She told me she did update the cache in the installer.
I didn't quite understand what you meant about the date until I checked. Win 7 was fine until I opened & closed a few times. I'll have a word to her about it.
Edit: It's funny you know. After BS has been closed for a period, the date goes back to 2011. Same thing with Win XP. However whilst BS is open, the date is 2005. I'm not sure if it's same for you? Because BS can take a couple mins to fully close after finishing writing backup files etc. during the closing process. After that the date returns to normal.
I guess this overcomes the computer system shock the previous BS Start created on some people's systems & security. I guess it depends if this date going back affects you at all in general terms of using your computer. Just hope you don't auto-date emails/letters rofl jk
im going to try the bearstart with file_girl BS version
Edited: ok that didnt work, lol.
Last edited by awb555; February 11th, 2011 at 01:54 PM.
In your settings, did you choose totally close BS or send to tray? By default, it sends BS to the tray. Check BS settings for this.
Not sure why mine goes back to normal time otherwise & yours doesn't.
to answer ur question though "yes to totally close" lol
She said to try setting the BS Loader to run as Admin.
However I think this is more of a Win 7 issue. I've discovered my BS on XP actually does work fine with the date changing back to today's date soon after opening. Whereas on Windows 7 Pro it does change back but takes a lot longer (over a minute.)
i waited over 30 minutes lol
Oh well, perhaps after Win 7 SP1 is released it will hopefully fix it. As File_Girl suggested, it's been well reported Win 7's XP support is lacking.
An alternative of course is in meantime to go back to the other start program, BearStart.
Oh the image you provided showed as BS Test, did you also give the Launcher program Admin privileges (ie: both BS Test & Launcher)? That lack of admin permission might be what's stopping the time reverting. After all, it's the Launcher program that's not fully doing its job as it should be with the date.
I don't suppose you experimented with compatibility options for the Launcher program, 'might' be worth trying but just a last shot option in meantime I guess.
Not sure why it works ok on my Win 7, yes slow to revert the date back but it does work. I presume it's set to 32 bit or 64? Another option perhaps to swap around. In fact perhaps parts running as 32 bit are the issue. Win 7 not handling them properly.
There is not a BS Launcher, only a BS Loader that I have found. Both are marked as administrator. I’m guessing loader and launcher are one in the same? You said that file_girl made several different versions of BS – Could you kindly send them to me? I’m sorry to keep bothering you, I appreciate the help.
BSLoader is what I meant. You can ask her yourself. I don't run windows all the time so I don't always have it in front of me to remember. I'm primarily a mac person.
If it's not working on your system, it's not working. File_Girl suggested the most probable reason.
|bearshare 5.2.5, beta 5.1, compatibility modes, windows 7|
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/host-connections/97967-hit-miss-connection.html
|Host Connections on Gnutella Forums | BoardReader||This thread||Refback||February 27th, 2011 03:33 PM|