|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Open Discussion topics Discuss the time of day, whatever you want to. This is the hangout area. If you have LimeWire problems, post them here too.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
If you have the latest software, then they will normally show whether your burner can burn cd's/dvd's, etc.
Certainly the earlier combo's were just cd burner & dvd player only. Some of the later ones can burn both. But if you bought yours cheaply, then probable chance is you only got a cd burner & dvd reader as Murasame suggested. Just like my partner's computer.
so if the media player says cd burner that means it is a cd burner only?? is that what ur saying? ya i know i should have gotten it by now but u never can be to sure of something u don't fully understand.
that was very clear thankz and disregard my last post. suggestions on how to fix the problem? do i need to buy new hardware and where is the best to buy, i need something that will work but not cost a fortune.
AFAIK All dvd burners nowadays will read & burn cd's also. I haven't heard of anything different. But research what you're after. I'd recommend something that can burn & read both DVD+/- R/RW media.
For some basics on dvd's see http://www.answers.com/topic/dvd
eg: You can go to a site like cdfreaks.com to find particular models & what tests have been done to check their reliability & their effectiveness with particular brands & particular types of dvd media. eg: my present burner which I bought quite a while ago http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/204
If you find out about a particular burner, always research it on the net before you buy it. Find out what it can or can't do. Find out about user feedback both positive & negative feedback. Google can be a great help there.
* But also check your dvd player. When I bought my player, I took in different brands of dvd-/+ r/rw media to make sure it would play back those burnt by my player in various formats suggested including vcd/svcd & more such as divx, mp3, m4a, wmv, etc. My player can also playback dvd DL disks (8.5 GB disks.)
Last edited by Lord of the Rings; January 23rd, 2006 at 11:50 PM.
A Little Help For Those Of You Confused
Here's a fun fact! can't find the files you downloaded? well here let me help First Start Up Limewire, then go to tools, then click on options, Then go to saving, then click browse, there will be a little folder with an up arrow on it click on it until it is unselectable, then click select, AND BADA BING!!! all downloaded files will be sent to the desktop!
If you see where are my files downloaded? as pointed out, the desktop is not a wise place to have as a downld location. If you should accidentally downld a virus, then your entire desktop could become corrupted, not to mention lack of security. By default your downld folder is shared. So that would mean your entire desktop & all folders within would be accessible to anyone.
If you want easy access to your downlds, I can think of 2 options; 1. create a shortcut & place it on your desktop. 2. Go to your LW Library window, select Saved Files folder & press the Explore button. Sample image here: Using Library Explore button to access downld folder (click on link)
Look that's the reason why you should, first of all ALL FILES will be at your desktop, second of all you should have your antivirus be on the look out on your desktop so you have less chance of that virus taking charge, and third of all i know what i am doing please don't think i am just a basic computer noob, i've learned things you would never understand, and just to let you know LimeWire basic is illegal in the government standards as well as bearshare and all the other filesharing programs so you just started forums of illegal stuff, because i've seen people get LimeWire Pro off of LimeWire basic, which disgusts me because they are pirating software they should have not messed with! so if you really think i don't know what i'm doing ask the 100 people who asked for my help on their computers ok? And learn how to spell download!
Last edited by KrazeeLikeBones; February 2nd, 2006 at 05:31 PM.
why so hostile? speaking of viruses, i think i just had one. I downloaded some things that didn't exactly say what they were just 2006, yeh i can be stupid sometimes. ne how, i previewed some and delete some. The next day i try to get on the internet thur internet explorer and it keeps redirecting the address to this jiberish nonsense, it basically looked like the alphabet gone wrong. i tried everything i know to fix it and believe me that isn't alot cause i don't know much about computers. i have norton anti virus and thought i was safe but it could not find anything wrong. Meanwhile my computer is going slower and slower and starting to freeze up at the simplest of things pretty soon certain things will not even run. I had to start over, thank god for backups! while i was tring to fix things myself i came across something i'm not sure about. Does anyone know what P2P networking is and does it have anything to do with limewire? change subject, so putting downloaded material in a folder on desktop allows everyone to view everything? Is there anyway to only share what is in the limewire library while still have some downloaded material on the desktop in a folder? and how can keeping material in the library help on virus protection ? how dumb is it to download things that can not be verfied by bitsy. well i guess i've sounded as dumb as i feel like sounding for today. sorry about all the questions but i dont completely understand how a computer works and have decided after recent fustrations that advice on safer downloading and keeping is completely necessary. As always any advice however hostile or nice is greatly appreciated.
I have no problem burning CDs from Limewire. I usually put a blank CD-R into my CD-RW drive and select the songs I want to burn to CD. I burned a CD that was over an hour long, and it contains songs which I downloaded from Limewire. I just hope what I'm doing isn't considered illegal, that's all.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|burning||clj7||Download/Upload Problems||3||January 19th, 2006 12:50 AM|
|Burning CDs||virginiatechgirl||Windows||1||November 28th, 2005 05:52 PM|
|sometimes ignorance isn't bliss||pks||Mac OSX||1||August 29th, 2005 07:19 AM|
|Excuse the ignorance but what's .sit||busdriver||Download/Upload Problems||1||March 12th, 2003 09:14 PM|
|Excuse my ignorance but...||Guntter||Gnotella (Windows)||1||August 4th, 2001 06:52 PM|