View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2006
Disciple

sunnydayblueocean is flying high

why so hostile? speaking of viruses, i think i just had one. I downloaded some things that didn't exactly say what they were just 2006, yeh i can be stupid sometimes. ne how, i previewed some and delete some. The next day i try to get on the internet thur internet explorer and it keeps redirecting the address to this jiberish nonsense, it basically looked like the alphabet gone wrong. i tried everything i know to fix it and believe me that isn't alot cause i don't know much about computers. i have norton anti virus and thought i was safe but it could not find anything wrong. Meanwhile my computer is going slower and slower and starting to freeze up at the simplest of things pretty soon certain things will not even run. I had to start over, thank god for backups! while i was tring to fix things myself i came across something i'm not sure about. Does anyone know what P2P networking is and does it have anything to do with limewire? change subject, so putting downloaded material in a folder on desktop allows everyone to view everything? Is there anyway to only share what is in the limewire library while still have some downloaded material on the desktop in a folder? and how can keeping material in the library help on virus protection ? how dumb is it to download things that can not be verfied by bitsy. well i guess i've sounded as dumb as i feel like sounding for today. sorry about all the questions but i dont completely understand how a computer works and have decided after recent fustrations that advice on safer downloading and keeping is completely necessary. As always any advice however hostile or nice is greatly appreciated.