|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Other LimeWire clone versions Help for any other client that was based off LimeWire's design. A few examples: 360Share, Addax, Acqlite, Acquisition, Bearshare Turbo, BitRope P2P, Cabos, CitrixWire, DexterWire, Emerald P2P UltraPeer, GnutellaWire, KoolWire, LemonWire, LimeRunner, LimeShare Pro, LimeWire MP3, LimeWire Music, LimeWire Turbo, LimeZilla, LuckyWire, MP3 Rocket, MP3 Torpedo, MP3Suite, MP3treat, Sharest, ShareWire, ShareZilla, TurboWire, WinMX Music, WireStack, etc. See your program?|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features after your registration and email confirmation. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Spamming is illegal in many countries of the world. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Connection Fixes for various Clients including Cabos, Acqlite, and all the LimeWire clones
With exception of Cabos, Acqlite and Acquisition, users of all the LW clone versions should see If LW 4 Will Not Connect if the connection installer for your program does not fix your problem. Simply swap the name of LimeWire for your own program in all references to LimeWire. In case you did not know, all clone versions are almost identical to LimeWire 4. However, LuckyWire users should reference the LW 5 connection help. Note: a few of the clone programs are hyper-sensitive to firewall and router NAT detection and may have more problems connecting than even the original LW 4.
Connection fix (Windows users)
If you are using Cabos, find a ConnectFix installer here or via FileCloud.
If you are using either: 360Share, . Addax, . Bearshare Turbo, . BitRope P2P, . CitrixWire, . DexterWire, . Emerald P2P UltraPeer, . GnutellaWire, . KoolWire, . LemonWire, . LimeRunner, . LimeShare Pro, . LimeWire MP3, . LimeWire Music, . LimeWire Turbo, . LimeZilla, . LuckyWire, . MP3 Rocket (pre-2011 versions; probably 5.4 being last version for gnutella), . MP3 Torpedo, . MP3Suite, . MP3treat, . Sharest, . ShareWire, . ShareZilla, . TurboWire, . WinMX Music, or . WireStack then find a LimeWire Multi-CLONE ConnectFix at the links shown above.
1. Download the ConnectFix installer for your program.
2. Unzip the file.
3. Make sure the program you are installing it for is closed and not sitting in the tray.
4. Open the ConnectFix installer and follow the instructions. Choose your program carefully from the list. In the case of the LimeWire Multi-CLONE ConnectFix, it is a long list in english alphabetical order.
5. After installation is finished, open the program you installed it for. Wait several minutes for it to connect.
6. If your program does not connect after 30 minutes, then close the program and wait one minute, then open again. It should connect upon this second opening. If still no connection, repeat process.
7. If all the above fails, then see advice given here If LW 4 Will Not Connect
8. If still no success, then create a new thread in this section with your system details and hopefully someone can assist you.
If the installer does not work as intended for any particular program, please let us know so we can rectify it. Such problem might be not installing into correct location. From memory I tested installing for all the above but perhaps I might have missed one.
Edit: 22 January 2013, added 'LimeWire MP3' to the list.
* Make sure you have given the program an exception in your firewall: Setting up an exception for LimeWire in your software firewall except change the name from LimeWire to the one you are using. The default port is usually 6346.
Connection fix (MacOSX users)
If you are using either Cabos, Acqlite or Acquisition, find a ConnectFix installer here or via FileCloud.
* Make sure you have given the program an exception in your firewall: Mac OSX 10.4/5/6 Tiger/Leopard/Snow Leopard Firewall instructions & change the program's reference name to the one you are using. The default port is usually 6346.
If people can tell me of other LW clones that use either Windows, MacOSX or Linux, then I will add them to the list for connection fixes. An earlier version of MP3 Rocket is the only other MacOSX program I am aware of. The LuckyWire OSX version no longer seems to be available for download.
I would also greatly appreciate any assistance with translations, so they can be accurately multi-language. First release is only in english (with exception of the MacOSX version which has partial translations.)
Recognise your program's icon? (click to see larger view)
If that did not help, then check the options to try here If LW 5 Will Not Connect
Ok I closed all apps, found the java.exe and ran as admin, but still no luck then ran the connect issue link, restarted pc and still no connection. Should I try another p2p such as Frost wire...Had LM for years and tyhink it's the best out there but this is a tough one to fix.
limewire downloaded from youtube (LimeWire Pirate Edition Updated and Java Fix - YouTube) with java 6 and connect issue download as well.
Dell PC Running WIndows 7, with IE 9, Comcast as my provider.
If you are not connecting at all, then something is most likely blocking LW from connecting. Either a firewall, security software, or your router. I do not believe Comcast block p2p. Re-check your firewall and make sure LW is listed as an exception. Check your router to be sure UPnP is enabled. If you have any other security softwares that might prevent something connecting via the internet, make sure LW is on their exception lists.
Some Windows updates can change firewall settings.
Some 3rd party firewalls now work on a different concept of 'trusted' applications. I was so frustrated with one of these I removed it and reverted to Windows firewall because it had full level 3 trusted status but was being firewalled by that firewall (I was using BearShare 5 and the program's console gave the message it had detected Zonealarm and was being partially blocked. That explains why peers kept dropping off.)
Yes you could try FW4 to see if it connects at all also. FW is based off LW4.
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/other-limewire-clone-versions/101773-connection-fixes-various-clients-including-cabos-acqlite-all-limewire-clones.html
|cabos connectfix||This thread||Refback||September 9th, 2013 06:48 PM|
|cabos connectfix||This thread||Refback||August 29th, 2013 10:01 PM|