View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2004
Apprentice

mazgaz is flying high
Default Re: for those who can't connect

hello.. can i start by saying a HUGE thankyou to you and all the moderators who are working so hard to help us with all our limewire problems..i for one really appreciate it.. now.. for the ' i have no idea what im doing' moment.. i am very keen to try your latest idea for fixing problems with connecting to limewire.. but im a bit of a computer glitz.. so WHEN you say... delete my entire limewire preference directory.. ( im an xp pro user).. i have NO idea what that means.. i know it isnt your job to tutor me on computer know how.. but if you could perhaps think of me as a blonde . ( yes i am.. so its i can use it as a cliche ) and explain HOW i do that.. i will be forever grateful and name my first child after you.. ok.. it will be my fifth.. but who is counting..
Quote:
Originally posted by sdaswani
For those who are having trouble connection to the Gnutella network using LimeWire, we have a potential fix. You need to delete your WHOLE LimeWire preferences directory. The directory can be found in the following locations:

OS X:
/Users/your_username/Library/Preferences/LimeWire

Windows:
C:/Documents And Settings/your_username/.limewire

Linux:
~/.limewire

Please shutdown any instance of LimeWire you may have running, delete the whole directory, and then restart LimeWire. You should be able to connect.

I'd love to hear how this works for everyone.

Thanks!
Susheel Daswani
Software Engineer
Lime Wire LLC