View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2004
Rhythm Earthsong

Default Reply for Lord Of The Rings

Thanks for your reply and info. Apparently my post was problematic in connection with this Forum's rules, based on your reply and the fact that one whole part my post was edited out. This was my first time posting on this forum for Limewire, and I'm sorry if I unwittingly violated any rules; that was not my intention. You said this was not a wares (warez?) site and reffered me to the rules, which I did read, and now I'm confused.
I linked to this Forum directly from Limewire, an app where people are definitely sharing, via p2p, copyrighted audio, video and computer programs. Looking through the categories & posts, beyond basic "functionability" problems, there are definitely questions about file names, abbreviations, and other points that would indicate the copyrighted nature of the files being shared. I'm confused how any discussions about Limewire, which itself is a forum for sharing copyrighted files, could even exist without alluding to the questionable legality of p2p sharing.
P.S. I tried to send this reply just to moderator Lord Of Rings as a private message, but couldn't seem to access that, so I'm posting it regularly and would appreciate any clarification with this issue which seems like a built-in contgradiction. Thank You