View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2004

trap_jaw4 is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by gnome2
The files in the incoming and temp dir wil be hashed again newhashes will be generated by edonkey and plugins . so yes the temp is shared but also the finished downloads .
The incomplete files cannot be hashed for Gnutella (SHA-1 of the full file) so they can't be shared.

Quote:
gnutella need to get an system that connects clients with the same speed , would be better for those guys who really want to serve the network ,
No, it would be better for guys who really want to download at the highest possible speeds. And you would probably waste a lot of bandwidth on additional protocol overhead in the process.

Quote:
my upload is 43 kb/s , soon it will be 130 kb/s with a program as overnet it will find partners with the same speed , i spread my files on the gnutella network ( from edonkey) and try to download some back but getting speeds of 1.5 kb/s from clients is not that good after 12 hours running .
Overnet's "horde" system is overrated. The speed at which you can download from a p2p network is hard to predict and in general you cannot enforce any kind of fairness. You can even leech from BitTorrent if your client is aggressive enough.

Quote:
so i wonder is there any developing for gnutella , are there new things implemented or coming, where can i read that information .

There are a number of new things coming, - the biggest thing at the moment is firewall-to-firewall transfers via UDP.

Last edited by trap_jaw4; October 5th, 2004 at 11:24 PM.