View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2001
Apprentice

themanta is flying high
Default My response in another thread

Quote:
More OS X Java than LimeWire

I beleive this issue is due more to Java under Mac OS X than LimeWire. I have a newer Java installed (a developer preview available from Apple's Developer page with free registration) and I don't have the redraw issues I had before (although I have other ones now). The issues I saw weren't nearly as bad as the original posters description. I had problems with buttons and lists not refreshing and either not showing up or leaving old parts behind. With the developer preview I've installed the only drawing issues appear to be with menus having large black bars in them at times. I would suggest waiting to see if Mac OS X 10.1, which I'm assuming includes this newer java as it is dated June 27, resolves the issue.
More OS X Java than LimeWire

I beleive this issue is due more to Java under Mac OS X than LimeWire. I have a newer Java installed (a developer preview available from Apple's Developer page with free registration) and I don't have the redraw issues I had before (although I have other ones now). The issues I saw weren't nearly as bad as the original posters description. I had problems with buttons and lists not refreshing and either not showing up or leaving old parts behind. With the developer preview I've installed the only drawing issues appear to be with menus having large black bars in them at times. I would suggest waiting to see if Mac OS X 10.1, which I'm assuming includes this newer java as it is dated June 27, resolves the issue.
I've tested Hiding and bringing LimeWire back to front, and it refreshes properly. It's not as nice as other apps do it, but it does refresh. If you can't wait the 3 weeks for 10.1 to come out, you can download the java preview from apple's developer site.