View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2004
LimeWire is International

verdyp is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by backmann
I'd like to enter myself my conection speed. I mean, I have a cable connection, but the upload/download speeds that LW has for Cable are not the same as mine. Therefore, I can't configure my optimal upload speed as well.In the dark we make a brighter light
LimeWire has a separate configuration for upload speeds, and a convenient display of the actual upload speed you will use under the slider control used in the options pane.

The first main option to set the speed is based on download speeds, but it's true that the fast installation wizard only asks for your download speed, ignoring the frequent case of asymetric connections. You have to open yourself the Options panel.

Note however that LimeWire will learn by itself your effective upload speed, by monitoring the uploads your servent has performed. This information is saved in your local "limewire.props" file. So even if the upload speed is set apparently too high because of the download speed setting, LimeWire will adjust itself the reported upload speed based on your upload experience and your past connections and uptime.