View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2004
A reader, not an expert

stief has a spectacular aura about

"Browse Host" and connection preference settings are in flux. I've been trying to figure out what the situation is on and off for several months.

For example:

-When running 2 LW's on the LAN, sometimes I can browse one but not the other. Too, the same machine is sometimes browsable from the Monitor page, was once browsable from the connections page, sometimes from downloads and sometimes from the search results. Sometimes not. I can't figure out the conditions that determine when the other host on a controlled LAN is browseable.

-too, attempting to browse an outside host will sometimes partially load results (I can start downloading a file from it), then suddenly the search results pane will quit and the tab will close.

Huh?

So, I figure the code is in flux, probably has some bugs, and is awaiting attention. I suspect the freeloader settings are just as unreliable.

Sorry I can't be more precise, but until the browse code is reliable, permanent blocking of unbrowsable hosts looks to be premature.

Short answer: I've set up everything I can to allow browsing, but sometimes one of my LW's will think the other is unbrowseable. That's not fair, so don't block me