View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2004
Draketo, small dragon.

arne_bab is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel
Default Wishlist of Lovely little Things

There are numerous thing, which make up a good program, and not all of them are difficult to implement or related to efficiency of the network.

Small things which could be done easily.

Small things to make LimeWire run more smoothly, which don't necessaryly bring any direct benefit, but are good for the users (save click or stress or just look good - without draining too many resources). Small things, which make running LimeWire a bit more joyful than it already is.

So this Thread shall be intended for all those Lovely little Things (LlT) we'd like to see in LimeWire.

I'll being with a request I just saw: the
- definable incompletes Folder: The location of the incompletes Folder should be definable via a User preference.

- LimeWire as download Helper: I'd like LimeWire to act as the default download-helper for http-requests of all my webbrowsers. Then all downloads I have would be shared automatically. It could then start exactly one search request for the filename, as soon as it successfully downloaded and hashed the file, and send an empty request to all sources, so it gets registered in their download mesh as complete source.

-> put this banner into your own signature! <-
--
Erst im Spiel lebt der Mensch.
Nur ludantaj homoj vivas.
GnuFU.net - Gnutella For Users
Draketo.de - Shortstories, Poems, Music and strange Ideas.