View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2004
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
how many searches do you generally have up
I generally only do one at a time with the exception of a couple last night. 5-7 search results I guess I generally keep up. Sometimes it gets twice this size before I think about ridding the older ones. The search results I left up overnight was around 10 or so, & I deleted all but one but did some more searches (I have 7 up now & ram is 510 MB but increasing at around 20 KB/s.) (I just deleted 6 of these search results but it had no effect on ram.)
There were 5-6 files listed as 'Complete' that I deleted from the dwnld list. Sources for the dwnlds ranged b/w 1-3 (generally 2.)

Slow to respond: I had a troublesome dwnld would reach 100%, verify to 99% & rebegin dwnlding at 80+%. I happened 4 times before I deleted it.

Oh I didn't notice exactly when it happened but certainly not immediately after I deleted that file, certainly after I completed another file 5 mins later, the ram use jumped down to 480 MB.

stief I not only feel I'm off crutches, but I can run, not only walk, lol. Services here are not as advanced as many other places. On my plan, 'so-called' unlimited everything. Except if 3 things are true: the isp is stressed, I dwnld over 8 GB in a mth & I'm within the top 5 or 10% of heaviest users my speed will be capped but only until one of the above 3 conditions no longer holds true. I was on the phone at lengths about this today. This wasn't what I understood when I 1st signed up (the fine print/obsure link.) I'll try a safe boot later today (this is the land of tomorrow.) Which means you should all be in bed right now, lol.