View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2004
Apprentice

Doc Jargon is flying high

You're perceptive about the emotional content. I'm protective of my newest Mac (had it almost a year now) and trying to keep it running smoothly. This is my 4th Mac, my first being the original 128k!

I am also picky about "coincidences," especially when I've downloaded a program of somewhat unknown origin and something from an OEM suddenly stops working. I've been using iTunes since I got this Mac (never before, though) and while using LimeWire iTunes locks up and STAYS locked up.

I like LimeWire. If I can get both to work, that's groovy, but if it's a choice between one or the other, obviously iTunes has to win.

And, without exaggeration, I work over 70 hours a week right now, and the time to research and experiment with fixing the situation is frustrating.

I am following advice on this forum, and I'm really impressed with the quality of the advice. My frustration with LimeWire should not be projected onto the people her who have been more helpful than I usually expect online.

I will reinstall iTunes (and re-download the upgrade) and spend that time in the hopes that I can continue with LimeWire. But if this doesn't work and I nuke LW it is not an issue of "quitting." It is an issue of time-management and priorities.

I will also post results here in case it helps someone else.