View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2004
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

What's the bet it's a corrupt file. It sounds a bit suspicious to me. There might be other reasons you can't actually connect to this particular file. Just yesterday, I had a file I was dwnlding that was corrupt: it would reach 100% & then resume at 80+ %. It did this over & over until I woke up to it. Is that you need only 80kb to complete or the last file is only 80 kb in size. I'd almost put a wager on the file being corrupt. May I recommend you try to find an alternative source.

I've had similar situations, & yes the file ended up to be corrupt.

As far as other p2p apps go. Well some suit some people's systems better than others. 2 people can have seemingly identical comp systems but one p2p app behaves differently to the other. Yes I've heard raves about kazaa & I've also heard complaints & LW is better. Yes some people might find one suits their system better than LW. My brother swapped over to LW after years of kazaa use & his analysis was that LW was a heap better.