View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2004
Apprentice

TazBean is flying high

OK, please bear with me if I don't have all the info you need as I am on a Mac and know nothing about them.

I am running OSX 10.1.5 with LW 4.0.8 on a cable connection (Roadrunner). The last time I used LW it ran fine (Saturday) and today it won't connect. It would say "connecting" but never go anywhere. Interestingly, someone was able to connect to me and start d/l a file but I was not able to do any searching etc.

I deleted the prefs file per the instructions in the forum and when I restarted LW it simply said "disconnected" and clicking the connect button did nothing.

I went to bug report and couldn't find anything about "incoming this session" but the "Ever accept incoming" was true. I started the Classic environment and ran LW 4.0.7, with the same problem (I was thinking maybe it was the upgrade). In this version, the error report does say "incoming this session" and it is false. I read that OSX has a native firewall, but I went to Prefs->sharing and did not see a firewall tab. If OSX has a firewall built in, how do I find it to see if it is on, and why would it suddenly start blocking LW when it hasn't in the past?

If the file that is used to store connection information has gone 'bad' (as one post mentioned), and I can't connect, how do I get a 'good' file? I couldn't find one on the LW site but I may have missed it.

Hopefully I can sort this out. It seems a lot of people are suddenly having this issue ... makes me wonder