View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2004
hello there everybody

Red face larger files

With such files I would repeat search, allowing LW to pick up files from the new search in order to resume (I did not always wait for LW to give me the connecting or queue message before doing this but the problem would always occcur).

Is this what you mean by a manual search (i.e. to repeat the original seach in order to reveal current availability). If so, my presumption is that I am latching onto files and downloading before others do likewise, with the files I am downloading from soon sharing to growing numbers of people, hence the diminishing download rate. Does this assumption seem correct?

If this is the case, may I be trying to download the most popular of files and hence the most difficult to receive and thus requiring the greatest degree of "babysitting"?

IS there no way of running LW without such babysitting as these repeat searches (fresh search with the original search title) are giving me what I previously refered to a "refresh rates lasting only minutes". Has anyone found likewise with larger files and maybe overcome the problem??

I never use the force resume tab to relieve this problem as I have found that it rarely works