View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2004
hello there everybody

Red face larger files

Thanks for the links, they are very useful if you wish to configure your LW to get the maximum download values from you connection, read especially the upload configuration as default might indeed stifle your connection speed.

I have found that the way to get the most reliable outcome from a search (i.e. the way that gets the highest kbps value and requires the least amount of babysitting) is to close the initial search completely and re-enter it into the search engine.

Whilst I can only say that this has given better results for a limited number of trials, it has marked a significant improvement in the amount of time my system will run a download before it fails as mentioned above. You can repeat search a couple of times after doing this but a closed search seems to refresh the download content............

My experience implies that there is a certain element of nuisance in downloading larger files in LW. However, with the configuration tips linked above and the new search method, I have witnessed the download quality improve to a certain extent.

WILL IT EVER BE POSSIBLE FOR LW TO MANAGE THE DOWNLOAD CONTENT AFTER THE INITIAL SEARCH??