View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2001
sh0rtie

Post Size filter , ping filter , crc'ing

Hi gang and thanks for this great application, here are my suggestions for improvements.

size filter - so i can choose to search for files of a minimum/maximum size to eliminate large results on non specific searches ie: search for movies greater than 500mb etc

speed filter - so i can choose to exclude results from hosts that are of a particular speed ie 56k/isdn/t1/t3 etc

ping filter - so i can choose to download from the quickest ping return on multiple results

do not add ref number to unfinished filenames so other filesharing apps may resume the file if limewire cannot continue without the need to manually edit the filename instead hold file references in an *.ini file

maybe display crc check on files so if someone has renamed the exact file (very common) and download needs to be resumed i may find the original elsewhere by comparing crc and resume from there instead of looking for the specific filename to resume
so filenames are not very important with this method.

thats all i can think of at the moment, once again thanks for this great application