Thread: Win2K crash
View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2001
Panthera Onca

The Seeker is flying high
Default Re: Win2K crash

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Just did the autoupgrade to 1.11 and now xolox starts fine that crashes. Uses 100% cpu and spawns threads all over the place. I am running win2kpro on a PIII 600 w/ 512 RAM w/ a cable modem at 250up/1000 down. I am sharing about 500 files in 5 directories. Earlier versions worked fine. Can't seem to keep 1.11 up and running. Any suggestions?
Both issues (locup with 100% SPU and thread usage) have been researched and reported, and will probably be fixed in 1.12.

Threads/Directories:
Five directories total, or 5 in the list, with a bunch of sub-directories? (Movies sorted by content, Audio sorted by artist and CD, etc.) Subtract 5 from the number of threads shown in taskman and compare that to the total number of (sub)directories you are sharing (remember to add 1 for the xolox/downloads dir) It should be the same. If not it's a new bug that I haven't seen before.

Lockups/CPU uage:
Does this happen every time you start up? Open a cmd box and type netstat, see if you are conencting to yourself on a loopback address. (127.x.x.x) If you are, and every time you connect, delete hostslist.txt and see if it stops. If not, it's a new bug that hasn't been seen. (at least not by me.)