View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2004
Novicius

RastaDevil is flying high

Quote:
I not sure what you mean by (1 G of ram)are you sure its not 128,256,or 512
It is 1 Gigabyte, or 1,024 megabytes of RAM . . . in other words . . . plenty

Quote:
but it sound like you have tons of software running in the background and are you using limewire free or pro its a big difference
Windows is a multi-tasking OS. If LW cannot play nice with other apps, then it is useless to me. I'm running LW Pro. I was using Shareazaa before I bought LW Pro and I could surf the internet, instant message and get my e-mail, even play Everquest while Shareazaa was running.

I think it is partially a connection sharing issue (LW hogs the connection) but I don't know how to fix it. I browsed through the settings of LW, but I couldn't find any way of limiting bandwith use that was very discrete. (There were four settings, if i remember right, and the next setting lower than my connect speed was dial-up speed. Ugh Shareazaa has a setting where you can tell it what percentage of your bandwidth to use.)

Quote:
I would start by start/run/type msconfig/startup tab/disable all/apply/ok/restart/
As I said, if LW cannot play nice in a multi-tasking environment, then it is not the correct app for me. I'll try it for trouble shooting, but it really isn't an option for a permanent solution.

Quote:
defrag your hardrive/
done regularly

Quote:
IE/tools/Internet options/advanced/restore defaults......
I might try this, if I can remember what I've changed that I'll want to change back, and if I can think of why it would help. I don't think that it will have any effect because everything starts out okay and then gets worse.

Thanks for your response and ideas.

RD