View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2001
Novicius

Steagus is flying high
Question LimeWire 1.6b won't release old options.

H-

I recently upgraded to LimeWire 1.6b. Very nice program. I haven't noticed any significant changes on the front end but I'm sure the back end was tweaked. 8^)

I made available an entire listing of rar files.
r01;r02 etc... all the way to r99 and then opened up my folders with those files.
They started being downloaded and all has been great for two days.

After many days of sharing I wanted to further restrict the access to only those rar files so I first removed all file extensions except those that relate to the rar files, and some movie formats, mpg;avi;asf, than I removed all the shared files that had my music stuff in it. Now I'm only sharing the folders that have rar and asf/avi/mpg files.

Now when a person goes to download them they get file not found errors. I see this for mp3's that I previously was sharing but no longer are and also for any rar file that use to be shared by now isn't. For some reason LimeWire is still saying I have mp3's and other files available for download when really I just have two folders and rars/video formats.

I thought maybe I needed to reset everything so I shut down limewire and restarted.
The problem persists.
All these files are showing up in my Library so they are available.

Why aren't the preferences being reset to the new options? Is there a file that I can delete in the limewire directory that has all this information to manually reset my collection of shared files and what folders are being shared?

Any assistance on this would greatly appreciated.

Thoughts, Comments, Anecdotes?
-Steagus