View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2004
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Hi
I must confess I've never used CDDB for finding the info for particular mp3's or even explored it. Te question is what type of tags that CDDB uses. MP3 Rage as you're probably aware can use 'both' types of ID tags. I generally use both so it doesn't matter what player someone uses the id tags will still display.

There's multiple ways you can tag tunes using Rage. My technique is very basic in that I tag them one by one using QuickEdit. But you can also use Multiple tag (Quickedit) & another one or 2 to tag a group of files at once. As you can see on the Dashboard there's many options to tagging. And it can be quite complex if you want it to be so. You can use a code to name them sequentially but with some of the other data the same, be that album, artist, year, etc. Dare I say it, it is highly a recommendable thing to have a look at the help section of rage which gives a good ecplanation of what you can do. But as for Gracenote/CDDB, well I heard some warnings about it. Just rumours!!! In that people who visit that site have their ip address recorded/logged. And since I most often seek the live unofficially recorded but never to be commercially released recordings, CDDB wouldn't be of any help to me anyway. MP3 Rage is the best id tag app I've come across. You can probably find the info yo need by google 'ing it anyway. Have you tried Vorbis Rage, the accompanying app.?

Happy to answre more questions about this if you need. Tomorrow would be better for me though.

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; November 12th, 2004 at 10:07 AM.