View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2004
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

jeannemrm: did you forget your membership sign in (only just realised you are JMRM.)

I'm rather confused with your problem.
Quote:
... a setting I'd changed in the prefs in trying to solve the lack of connections problem based on something I'd read in one of the forum threads
What setting was this?

Quote:
...not enough files to change the status at the top from enabling open file sharing
Change it to what? There's something I obviously don't know here. I need to learn quick.
Do you share files? If you share, it's much easier to connect & improve your search results. Try to find popular files to share.
Quote:
... we're talking only thousands rather than millions of files 'available' to browse, and around 100000 mb availabe rather than the usual 3000 gb I have usually gotten
I don't quite understand what you're saying here. Be it I'm dumb or something. It's almost impossible to find 'all' results of an item from the entire worldwide gnutella network in a search.

Do you run as an UltraPeer? What speed is your main machine?

Quote:
I ran disk utilities from a panther install disk and did a disk repair (twice, just in case) and then a permissions repair
I heard it's not a good idea to repair permissions using the startup disk b/c you're changing the permissions what they are on the disk. My nderstanding is it's better to repair permissions after a Safe start with Disk Utility on your HDD.

Oh the LW 4.1.0 version is the latest beta. It's solved many people's problems so far.

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; November 16th, 2004 at 07:21 AM.