View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2004
Novicius

slinkybones is flying high
Unhappy Cannot play successful downloads on WMP 10?! Why?

Have Windows XP with DSL/Broadband. My concern is music only. Many songs download fine and then I can play or burn them using my WMP 10.

HOWEVER, many songs download on my LimeWire program just fine, AND will even play when using the 'LAUNCH' button.
YET.....when I open the file on my WMP 10, it downloads but will not open or let me play it. A "!" icon appears in yellow/orange color, and the error details tell me the 'codec' does not support the file. Or there is some combination of files and the WMP can't play because it does not have all the info??

Anyway, it seems curious that a successful download which will play on LimeWire, and which is listed as an Mp3, will not play and most importantly--burn--on my WMP 10, despite the fact that it does open and store the file.

Not a big deal, but there are certain songs where this always occurs, I'm trying to figure out the common denominator, if it is possible to burn them. Maybe this is a Windows issue but I thought someone might be able to shed some light on the situation.

Thanks.