View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2004
Devotee

zetch1411 is flying high
Default Deleting nonworking files

Could everyone please delete your old nonworking files? While trying to download movies I keep running into tons of them that don't work. I mean, first of all, if you have downloaded a movie, that was supposed to be 2 hours long and it's 4,560KB, guess what, it aint what it's supposed to be. Why keep that stuff on your computer? All keeping it does is make it harder for others to find the real thing, and pretty much makes whoever created the file happy as they can be because their plan is working, they have successfully flooded the network with bad files. Secondly, if you've spent all day downloading a movie that was 700 MB only to find out it doesn't work....then (besides being frustrated as all hell) aren't you kind of worried about what that might contain? I mean it IS 700 MB of SOMETHING. Do you really wanna keep it on your hard drive as a souvenir? That's just a good way to get a virus. So please, check your old files, if they don't work, toss em. It will really help limewire to run smoother so everyone can find what they are looking for.