View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2004
Disciple

rleemac2002 is flying high
Default After troubleshooting- glitches exist

Greeting and thanks in advance for your assistance.

Starting roughly two weeks ago I have been experiencing connection problems. Like LimeWire suddenly developed a mind of it's own. If it wouldn't connect when I requested, an hour or two it would on it's own (if I left the application open).

I am operating Windows XP, using 4.0.5 Pro, DSL connection, and had one error message pop up a few days ago reading "Gnutella network blocked - port 6346 or some similar number combo.

I went to the Connection Problem area in the LM site and followed the directions on how to open the port. It worked and the port is open. I can go into the firewall section and see that the port is enabled. However, I still cannot connect. But the is a 50/50 chance it will connect if the application is left open.

So here I am at the forum and tried in vain to find and delete the C:/document and settings/your_username/.limewire and I can't find it..... And I just checked the LM connection and it's up, running, and turbocharged.

I guess the bottom line is LM will connect when it wants to. Connectint to and surfing the internet is no problem. It is also likely that the problem could be on my end, I have a learing disability when it comes to doing things in order.