View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2004
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

I must say I can't make sense of the brand name. If it were in Chinese you could send it (I did study Chinese for several yrs.) I don't think cable rf mac is the brand so much as the type of modem. Not that I know anything about modems. lol

I saw your other post called Modems posted in the Open Section of the forum. SOunds like your company is not as user friendly as mine. Mine even helped me to open my ports (not that they were supposed to.) I suspect they made that comment not b/c it can't be done but b/c it's against their policy to assist with matters not directly related to your normal connection.

But perhaps you could at least ask them what the brand & model of the modem is. I'm extremely surprised that there's no identifying brand name on the modem's outside casing.

Ahh I take that back. I think I just worked out what brand of modem it is. I think it's a Cisco 678 (RF) Bingo!!! You can confirm it as suggested by contacting your company.

You will need to allow access for port 6346

1. A very simple port forward on a cisco 678 instructions

2. You will also need to Force IP within LW. See Force IP instructions & sample image here