View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2004
Devotee

zetch1411 is flying high

I wrote that last post mainly for ursula, who instead of posting a reply to my post, edited my post to include a mocking footnote. I understand the need for protection against spamming but that wasn't the issue I had in mind. Provided that no spamming or other intentionally annoying material is being posted, shouldn't people be free to post what they would like to without being mocked? And btw, the posts were not the same. A problem previewing avi files and a problem deleting them are two different issues, and I would assume, generally once a question has been successfully answered and a thank you has been posted, the topic is pretty much dead. I had no intention of trying to spread numerous annoying posts about avi files, it's just that I had two seperate problems with them, one which has been solved and one that has not.

Back to this topic, I have tried downloading several different players and tons of codec bundles. The files play fione once downloaded, so there is no problem there. I kind of just assumed from this that the file is being downloaded without all the neccesary info required to play it having been downloaded first. It's not that big of a deal, I can manage without being able to preview these files and will not post anymore questions reagrding avi files.