View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2004
Valued Member contributor

LeeWare is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel
Post Solution

Quote:
Originally posted by squiggly
as far as i know i got the real version of limewire, but it doesn't makes sense 2 me why i can download songs and not movies.
i have done everything u have suggested except forcing my ip address into limeware. exaxtly how do i go about doing this? also i have wireless internet ty 4 your help
I am pretty confident that you can download video content however, I think the problem is two-fold 1) it depends on the host you are trying to download from. 2) it depends on WHAT movies you are trying to download. If it is a copyrighted work chances are is being hosted by a company used by the industry MPAA to flood the network with bogus files OR if they are real you won't be able to download them because of the way they've configured the client. This has been discussed in previous posts.

To test this,

Right now there are a significant number of people hosting content that has been produced by me on the gnutella network. you can use any of the following search queries to pull up listings for the content:

cbt mpg
cbt avi
cbt wmv

You should try to download one of the files. If you can then you can download videos / movies

Problem solved.

hope this helps.