View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2004
Flag Burner

deepblue is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Tom:
When you use the internet showing your IP address is inevitable (the admins/mods at these forums can probably see where your posts came from). Having an updated and strong firewall, updated anti-virus/anti-trojan horse scanner, and keeping your OS updated and patched, is usually enough to get hackers to leave you alone. Unless you have something a hacker would really want you are probably safe (unless a really bored hacker found your IP.) Useing (or not useing) LimeWire is very unlikley to increase your chances of being "hacked". But if you still bent on fact that hackers are out to get you, try an anonymizing program. I reccomend Ghost or Anonymizer 2005 to you. However, if the IP's in those screen shots are not used with permission, I dont think it right for them to be displayed; I know I woulden't want mine there.

deepblue

I looked at the IP on the direct connect screenshot, the host was alive but all ports were closed. The only information I was able to find was that it was located in New Jersery, and has a Comcast cable connection. They seem to be mostly safe.

"THEY WHO WOULD GIVE UP AN ESSENTIAL LIBERTY FOR TEMPORARY SECURITY, DESERVE NEITHER LIBERTY OR SECURITY."
--Benjamin Franklin