View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2004
Cleaning Lady

ursula is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel
Default Re: LW Pro & Java - Stability

Quote:
Originally posted by ukbobboy01
based (on) my own experience I know of home users that do not think about security or stability, until something goes wrong.

I have a colleague that has been working in IT for about 30 years yet his attitude towards his home computer has been cavalier, until his browser and Internet connection got hi-jacked.

My sister told me that she would not use a firewall on her home PC because it slowed down her Internet surfing. A month or two later I got a plaintive e-mail cry for help detailing the problems she was having. She had so many problems that all I could advise was that she did a complete reinstall of her system.

If my experience is typical then most home users do not really think about security or/and stability just about getting on the web as soon as possible.
ukbobboy01 wins the november 'Most Honest Exposure of Internet Idiots' Award !!!

Man, that IS the way IT IS...

[Enter RANT Mode]

The majority of 'complaint' posts here, and in all other p2p based forums, are written by children (of ALL ages) who make no effort whatsoever to protect themselves from the 'outside internet baddies', never 'clean' their HDDs, never defragment their HDDs... Never anything...

And they blame their problems on the client...

end rant