View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2004
Novicius

nomoreofthis is flying high
Arrow after downloading........then what........

I have been pretty frustrated with limewire lately...........here is why:
recently I had limewire (the classic) for a Mac OS 9.2.2 downloaded........ and everything worked out great. Then about 2 days ago our internet (we have dsl) wouldn't work. We called our internet providers and they finally suggested that we have this piece of crap sent in. Well my mom later decides that it might be because of shockwave, limewire, or itunes so......she deletes everything that deals with those. I honestly don't think that any of them had to do with our internet problem because the next day I unplugged a couple of things and plugged them back in, restarted the computer and wow.....the internet just happened to work and it has been working ever since. Now, I have everything like iTunes and shockwave back on our computer and it didn't mess up the computer at all. However, when trying to put Limewire back on our computer this is what it does: I will get to the download part and SOMETIMES it will download the full 11.64mb if I just leave it alone, but if I click or surf the net when it is downloading it will stop earlier, and not complete the full 11.64mb. When it does do the full, when I click on it after it is done loading I get an error message that says: "The document LimeWire.bin could not be opened because the application program that created it could not be found." I have also checked my software updates and java and everything is up-to-date. Please help me because I am so bored out in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do, I want it back!

Thanks,
Alaina