View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2004
Software Developer

sberlin is flying high

No need to be embarrased. I assumed you were somewhat technical from the fact that you were able to search through a bunch of forums, upgrade your video card drivers, and update DirectX. It is good to know you don't need to be a comp sci major to do these things anymore.

To get to the place to create the file, double click on 'My Computer', then double click on your hard drive (it should have C: after it). Then double click on 'Program Files', then 'LimeWire', and finally on the most recent 'LimeWire <version>' folder. Once you're there, right-click, choose 'New', and then 'Text Document'. It should create a new file called "Next Text Document.txt". Once you've created that, double-click on it -- it should open in Notepad. In notepad, paste the contents of the earlier post (I'll put them at the end of this one also) and then save the file and close notepad. After it's saved, rename that file by right-clicking on it and choosing 'Rename'. Rename it to "launch.properties" (without the quotes). Then open LimeWire again and see if it works...

The contents of the new file should be:

-Dorg.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons .logging.impl.NoOpLog
-Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true
-Xmaxf0.25
-Xminf0.10
-Xms4m
-Xss64k
-jar
LimeWire.jar

Thanks.