View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2004
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Hi tamicee: You will need to do a number of things for me. 1. Uninstall LW using your Add/Remove control panel. 2. Update your installshield install engine. 2. Update your Java: Java 1.4.2 (click on link)
3. Try dwnlding & installing LW again. There is a new version just released today (LW 4.2.4) & choose the english version HERE! LW 4.2.4 (click on link)

Questions: 1. Can you tell me all the firewalls you have? You will need to configure them to allow LW access. See instructions here: http://www.limewire.com/english/content/firewalls.shtml
2. Can you tell me what modem & if any router you use: What's the brand name & model number?
3. Advice: Do NOT install SP2 (Windows XP Service Pack 2) b/c it's only intended for big companies with major networks not for home users. SP2 can reduce your connectivity to the net. And you don't need it! It would only cause you headaches!