View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2004
Apprentice

mystichaze is flying high

Hi Lord ... yeah, I saw the other thread on slow downloads. I thought that user was having fast downloads compared to me. I will try to answer your questions and, in doing so, probably show how little I know ... but here it goes:

I have about 50 to 60 incomplete files in my Library (some are in red text). Yes, I do click on the resume button when I need to, but usually only on one file at a time. I am not using other P2P or chat apps while using LW. I usually have only LW and iTunes open while dowloading, unless I also have a browser open to the forum trying to figure out what the heck is wrong. How much RAM do I have? Ummm, when I click on About This Mac it says I have 512 MB SDRAM, but I don't know how to check on how much of it is currently being used.

I only upgraded to OS X 10.3.6 a few days ago and this problem started long before that, so I don't think the slowness is related to the OS upgrade. I don't think I have a router (I'm just a single home computer), and the only brand name I can find on my DSL modem is "Elastic Networks." No, I don't have Comcast, my ISP is wyoming.com, a local company, but on a sticker on the modem it says, "Broadband powered by Contact Communications." I don't know who that is.

On the bug report, on the line you indicated, it said "True."

On the other Web site you told me to go to about NAT And this is what it said in the gray box:

It would appear that your machine does use NAT.

It is like LW just decided to stop working one day.

Based on this information, any further help or information you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Your IP shouldn't be posted on the forum. Not wise.

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; December 2nd, 2004 at 06:15 AM.