View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2004
Disciple

JMRM is flying high
Default gnutella fallout

I've been struggling with these seemingly random fallouts and that same message, as well as getting 'waiting for stable connections' in the download file window. Been driving me batty, one minute it's downloading multiple files at good speeds and the rest of the time it won't connect to a single host, but will likewise, occationally connect to a previous download in progress. I even got the you appear not to be connected etc while it was downloading files!
A tech friend of mine has reported something that may or may not be related, but he's had trouble recently with machines in networks NOT being able to resolve DNS addresses for no apparent reason. Some machines in the network will and others won't, and he cannot seem to find out why.

All this makes me wonder if there is something going on with the net itself lately.

BTW. my connection is 2 mb and has tested out ok, when my firewall is on, it's configured correctly, java updated...will upgrade to 4.2.4 (have just installed 4.2.3 a few days ago) and the randomness of t his seems to indicate the problem is not on my machine, but external.

Otherwise, limewire often crashes suddenly, and it seems like it may be when the network 'drys up' suddenly.