View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2004
Disciple

JMRM is flying high
Default net connection is fine. gnutella variable

My net connection is fine. I've checked it with a local source. I have a 2 mbit line via cable and it tests out now as between 1600-2000 on speed fairly consistantly depending on what I'm running. I've also run the port blocking test...no problem. The bug report tells me that the port is stable, but I sometimes get a message anyway that the connection is NOT stable.

No, no port forwarding. IP is dynamically passed out by ISP and comes in as either a 62.xxx.xxx.xxx or an 80.xxx.xxx.xxx, not 192. Have also tried forced IP etc...but nothing is showing a consistant change/improvement. I also tested the connection directly to the cable modem/bypassed the switch...same deal...my cables are fine. Even went in and rewired the wall connection to make sure the ends of the wires weren't damaged (actually got some improvement on net speed, but no reall diff to gnutella)

At the moment, it's working again, but a few hours ago, it was hopeless....this morning it was working almost full speed. I've also installed 4.2.4 instead of 4.2.3 since this afternoon, so we'll see if it stays 'connected' over the weekend or if the same mess repeats itself.

I have sharing turned on, but have turned off partial sharing as to have control over what is shared. I try to limit it to tv shows as they are a bit less controversial to 'share'.