View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2004
Devotee

JayG is flying high
Default Limewire 4.2.3 Gets Lost

When loading a large video file Limewire reached 100% then went into file verification, normally. But when it reached 99% verified it got lost in internal processing for nearly ten minutes. The other files that were concurrently downloading no longer had their time and bitrate updated, and while I could switch to another program, any attempt to do something on Limewire, like looking at the upload monitor or library resulted only in the spinning "wait" icon. Finally, the freezup cleared but the file in question was back to downloading, with 96% complete showing. This continued to cycle that way five times before I gave up and canceled the download.

I can understand that there was a problem with the file, and the drop-back was necessary, but Limewire should not lose control of the graphic interface while it recovers from a verification problem. If you can't handle the task as background a message of some sort might be nice. And giving up (or asking) after five or six repeats with no progress might also be the Mac-like response.