View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2004
Novicius

aquitaineq is flying high
Unhappy Tried pretty much everything

I hope I'm posting this correctly, if not just delete and I apologize. I have windows xp. I've been trying to fix my connection problem since wed. I was convined Zone alarm was the problem, since i had just updated it and when i did i was having all sorts of problems, not just with limewire. Anyway, I followed your site's directions for firewalls and altered both zone alarm and my computer's firewall. I tried the bug report, forcing the IP address on the firewall within the limewire options, I deleted the limewire folder in my C drive. I downloaded that beta version of limewire and the new java. then i read i should have downloaded Java first. so i uninstalled it all and re-did it. I got an email back from Zone alarm and did what they recommended. In the end, there is some improvement as it does not automatically disconnect, but just says "connecting" and does nothing else. I am on an University network, but it was working just fine until wed. I am convinced my firewall is still a problem, as the bug report said "false" but i've done everything you told me to do. I'm sorry, i wouldn't be asking for help if i hadn't already read through the forum for several days now trying every little thing.

Last edited by aquitaineq; December 5th, 2004 at 01:30 PM.