View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2004
Novicius

djsaintb is flying high
Default limewire (and phex) have just stopped working!?!?!?

I have been using Limewire for years, but yesterday it stopped working. I have deleted any newly installed programs and have reinstalled and downloaded limewire 10 different times.

It and (Phex) download and installed fine, but when I try to open either of them they crash immediately.

My java is updated and I do have OSX 10.3.6. That might be the problem.... but I updated 10.3.6 last week and didn't have any problems with Limewire until yesterday.

I think it is odd that Limewire no longer works. In an attempt to circumvent this problem I even tried to use Phex (another Gnutella search engine …which I had ever used before) which also crashes on startup. I have started most of my programs and have no problems elsewhere.

I feel like I may have inadvertately installed some program that is inhibiting the use of my peer 2 peer network software intentionally.

Has anyone heard of this?

Thanks in advance,

saintb

PS here is one of my crash report(s):

Date/Time: 2004-12-09 19:42:40 -0500
OS Version: 10.3.6 (Build 7R28)
Report Version: 2

Command: LimeWire
Path: /Applications/LimeWire/LimeWire.app/Contents/MacOS/LimeWire
Version: 4.2.5 (LimeWire 4.2.5)
PID: 570
Thread: Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

dyld: /Applications/LimeWire/LimeWire.app/Contents/MacOS/LimeWire truncated or malformed library: /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/Libraries/liblaf.jnilib (file is empty)