View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2004
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

You could try Force IP for a start: Force IP instructions & sample image
I presume you can't get access to your modem/routing equipment? Do you know the brand names & model numbers?
Have you configured your firewalls to allow both LW & Java full access: http://www.limewire.com/english/content/firewalls.shtml

"Awaiting Sources" is a result of using the Resume function. It is much more efficient & healthy to manually search for fresh/new sources. If you use Resume on most of your incomplete files (if you have many) it will result in your files queueing for 'much', much longer than normal.

Some hints on optimising LW: A well set-up LW can start to automatically continue its dwnlding after it's settled down perhaps 2 out of 3 times you open LW. Optimising LW & Maximising Uplds & Dwnlds A (1st post only) & also Part B which is even better & last & least are search & dwnld hints. The latter one I've been thinking about re-writing for some time. That's just for playing it safe. eg- I show all speeds & qualities.