View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2004
Nonameboy

Not all is good in Centrino Land

OK guys......this is what happened to ME:

Couldent get Limewire and eMule to work with my Toshiba M30X-118 laptop with Intel Wireless 2200BG card.

Found this thread here and thought my problems were solved. Installed the driver and software and finally got LimeWire up again, no more reboot or bluewindow BUT......

The PRO/Wireless software doesnt work properly on my laptop. The signal strength and speed is adjusted down all the time if im "Surfing Idle". If I dont surf, get 1 Mbps and LOWEST signal strengt. But when I start surfing again, it SLOWLY gets up to 36Mbps or SOMETIMES 54. But its slow and friggin annoying because of the lag when I click a link. HEY SPEED IS WHY I HAVE BROADBAND and a HIGHSPEED WLAN ROUTER.

Now if I dont use any internet at all, I loose ALL signal strengt and have no hook up to the router. AND IT S A PAIN IN THE A££ to get online again...

I cant turn this off, I also loose connection sometinmes when online for no reason.

The signal strengt the PRO/Wireless icon finds is always WAY lower than Netstumbler and other such software..

I WANT FULL SPEED, ALL THE TIME, ALWAYS... don't care about batteries, JUST SPEED..........

Now the aerlier drivers from Toshiba worked FINE except with LimeWIRE...

Im going insane here