View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2004
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Hi mac chick, can you tell us the actual model number of your Linksys? They generally have a type of internal firewall called NAT which reduces LW's capability to connect. We can show you how to forward a port (open a port to allow LW 100% access) if you give us the model number???

Also disregard Macs advice about Java & update to Java MRJ 2.2.6 http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=120209 (see this link for tips : click me!!!)

Here's some more hints: A well set-up LW can start to automatically continue its dwnlding after it's settled down perhaps 2 out of 3 times you open LW. Optimising LW & Maximising Uplds & Dwnlds A (1st post only) & also Part B which is even better & last & least are search & dwnld hints. The latter one I've been thinking about re-writing for some time. That's just for playing it safe. eg- I show all speeds & qualities.