View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2004
Novicius

timatee is flying high
Default no connection after upgrade to 4.2.6

After upgrading, LW occasionally works but is usually frozen on 'connecting.' Previous version (4.0.8 I think,) was brill, and continued to work fine after sp2. Problems started after upgrade.
Use my computer @ home.
OS- Win XP home
3.06 processor, 120G HD, (90 free,) 512 DDR.
McAfee virus scan (not firewall,) and XP firewall.
Dial up tiscali broadband (512 kbs.) Sagem F@st 800 (E2T) ADSL Modem. 2 other numbers on the back of modem:
0418-B099958
251490635AA.
I opened port 6346 for Gnutella, just in case, when I first started using the old version. But since reading as much info from this forum as I can, I have:
Deleted LW preferences folder, updated Java to 1.4.2, forced the port on LW, tried connecting with disabled firewall, checked port access again in windows and used IP address 127.0.0.1 as instructions from LW firewall help page. Bug report shows 'false' on recieved traffic this session. I have carried out the port 6346 test and it said test page successful.
When the upgrade loaded onto my system, it didnt seem to upgrade, but gave me a complete new version side by side with the old version, so I deleted the old version using the Change/remove program function, that would guard against deleting any files that the new LW would use from the old version, (I hope.) I have spent hours reading through the forum and dont think I have missed anything. Please help if you can, and I promise to purchase LW pro. (It has been playing on my conscience coz Ive got such alot of good stuff from you.)