Thread: Upload speed
View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2001
Panthera Onca

The Seeker is flying high
Default Re: fix please

Quote:
Originally posted by yankster37
yes try to work on the download speed. it is good and everything. i think this is the best program but you need to upgrade. like u need the device that plays songs just using xolox not windows medeia player 7. but this is the best program i have ever used. it is better than napster ever thought and better than kazza and its look a like morpheus. just dont let it turn into spyware.
Hmm... I don't think that would work. Almost all media types require beginning at the start of the file to read media type and properties (codecs, bitrate, resolution, etc) so only the first segment of downloading file could be played at all IF it's a streaming media type... the only exception I can think of here is MP3s, which have bitrate info in every frame. Additionally, for files like AVI, the segment must also be fixed, rebuilding the index telling it how many frames there are and such... I would much rather see developers making the client better in terms of performance, bugfixes, and compatability with other clients (like the BearShare metadata with MP3 hit results problem) than them spending time bloating their software with a built in media fixer/player.